Monday, June 22, 2009

Listening to the music in his head


I'd go crazy listening to Eminem.

Will that be his defense?

Police: Glendale Man Sang Eminem While Stabbing Family
The eerily calm 911 call is released

GLENDALE - The eerie 911 tapes have been released in the May 30 stabbing of a Glendale family. Police say that 29-year-old Michael Miller stabbed his wife and 10-year-old daughter to death. His 4-year-old son survived being stabbed 11 times.

Michael Miller told police he tucked his son into bed the night before, and said a prayer together asking God to keep them safe.

Then, the next morning, he told a 911 dispatcher, "I just killed my family with a knife. All of them. All three of them."

Miller told detectives he was possessed and he visualized his wife, Adreana Miller, as a demon. Just before stabbing her at 4 a.m., he told police he started screaming lyrics from an Eminem song, saying, "Here comes Satan, I'm the anti-Christ, I'm going to kill you."

Miller admitted to police that when the kids awoke to their mother's screams, he stabbed them too. He said he stabbed his son Brian the most because he loved him the most.

Then he rolled a cigarette, said another prayer, and called 911, police say. He told the dispatcher calmly, "They woke up, I was threatening my wife with a knife and my kids came out, and I killed my wife and actually both my kids." Then 911 dispatcher asked him, "Are you sure you're not dreaming Michael?" He said, "I'm positive."

When asked if he had ever had these types of thoughts before, he said, "Never... It just hit me like a brick in the face. I don't even know why I did it."

4-year-old Brian is being looked after by family members and is recovering in the hospital.

Miller is expected to be charged with 2 counts of first degree murder and 1 count of attempted murder.